[mercury-users] inference engine implemented in Mercury

Jean-Marc Vanel jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:05:20 AEST 2010

2010/7/2 Peter Ross <pro at missioncriticalit.com>

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Jean-Marc Vanel
> <jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Are there Open Source inference engines implemented in Mercury ?
> > Of any kind, First Order logic, SWRL, N3, RuleML, etc ...
> >
> I don't know of any open source inference engines.
>
> Implementing a top down SWRL engine only took at most 2 days here at MC.

I suppose that by that you mean backward chaining engine, which is exactly
the execution model of Mercury as a Prologuish engine.
Then I guess that most of the time was taken at implementing the SWRL
builtins.

I discovered the page about "Applications using Mercury".

> Regards,
> Peter

Jean-Marc Vanel
Consulting, services, training,
Rule-based programming, Semantic Web
http://jmvanel.free.fr/
EulerGUI, a turntable GUI for Semantic Web + rules, XML, UML, eCore, Java
bytecode
+33 (0)6 89 16 29 52 -- +33 (0)1 39 55 58 16
( we rarely listen to voice messages, please send a mail instead )