[mercury-users] dynamic linking, Guile

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Feb 9 13:17:31 AEDT 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Peter Wang wrote:

> The changes are not extensive

They don't need to be extensive in order for it not to work!

> and are not crucial; search for "mercury"
> (case insensitive) in the boehm_gc directory.  Assuming you replace the
> Mercury-specific version of the library with the unmodified one, you
> should only need to comment out parts of the files in the `runtime'
> directory which refer to undefined symbols; search for "GC_mercury".

It may be worth making the runtime code that depends on
Mercury-local Boehm GC extensions conditional on some macro, i.e. so we
could create a "clean" version of the runtime without the
search-and-replace above by.  (I realise that's not even close to the
"polite language" that Tomas was asking for.)

Julien.