[mercury-users] csharp top_level.exe [was: csharp grade error in mdb.browse.cs]

Jeff Thompson jeff at thefirst.org
Tue Dec 21 02:07:53 AEDT 2010

On 12/19/2010 10:02 PM, Julien Fischer wrote:
>>> On Sat, 18 Dec 2010, Jeff Thompson wrote:
>> Given the following code in prog_io.m, it seems that the error
>> message should list out the Dirs that it tried to search, but the
>> list is empty. I made the compiler give the same error on my Solaris
>> box (where Mercury is working great) and Dirs is also empty in the
>> error message.  Do I need a compiler switch so that it will display
>> the Dirs it searches?
>
> It should display the directories it is searching.  The fact that the
> list is empty indicates that the compiler doesn't know where to find the
> standard library (since in a correctly built installation, that at least
> should be present).  This could be for a number of reasons:
>
> (1) the library is not installed or is not installed in the grade
> you are attempting to use.
>
> (2) the mercury.bat or Mercury.config files are pointing to a different
> installation location from the one in which the stdlib is actually
> installed.
> (Mercury.config in INSTALL_PREFIX/lib/mercury/conf.)
>
> (3) perhaps the handling of environment variables is buggy in the
> C# grade.
>
> What, if any, grades does the compiler report as being installed
> if you use the --output-libgrades option?

Here it is on my Solaris box:

$ mmc --output-libgrades --csharp -m hello_world
asm_fast.gc
asm_fast.gc.debug
asm_fast.gc.decldebug
asm_fast.gc.memprof
asm_fast.gc.prof
asm_fast.gc.profdeep
asm_fast.gc.trseg
asm_fast.gc.trseg.debug
asm_fast.par.gc
hlc.gc
hlc.gc.trseg
hlc.par.gc

It seems strange that it doesn't list grade csharp, because it is
generating csharp OK.  I originally installed with "make install
LIBGRADES=csharp".

- Jeff