[mercury-users] Error installing csharp grade Cygwin

Jeff Thompson jeff at thefirst.org
Mon Dec 20 12:29:01 AEDT 2010

I have a fresh install of the latest Cygwin, including mono and csc.
Using Mercury rotd-2010-12-17, "make install" succeeded. But "make
install LIBGRADES=csharp" gives the following error:

** Error making `mer_std.dll'.
csc: file `/define:MR_HIGHLEVEL_DATA' does not existcsc: file
`/define:MR_HIGHLEVEL_DATA' does not exist

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Jeff

P.S. I've shifted my efforts from running the csharp version of
top_level.exe in native Windows to hopefully the more humble task of
running "mmc --csharp" inside Cygwin.