[mercury-users] csharp top_level.exe [was: csharp grade error in mdb.browse.cs]

Jeff Thompson jeff at thefirst.org
Mon Dec 6 19:03:42 AEDT 2010

On 12/5/2010 4:16 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2010-12-05, Jeff Thompson<jeff at thefirst.org>  wrote:
>
>> ROTD 2010-12-03 fixes the bug for not finding buildin.m. Thanks!
>> Now, when I set up mmc to use top_level.exe and do "mmc --make
>> --csharp hello_world" I get the error:
>> Error: system command received signal 255.
>> ** Error making `Mercury/css/hello_world.cs'.
>>
>> Any ideas? Are you able to use top_level.exe to make hello_world.exe?
>>
> Yes.
>
> % cat run_top_level
> #!/bin/sh
> exec $HOME/local/stow/mono-2.8/bin/mono $HOME/Work/gws_csharp_dup_type/tcompiler/top_level.exe "$@"

Fantastic!  I used your top_top_level and it worked.  (My script just
called mono without "#!/bin/sh" and "exec".)

Now to run in Windows...  top_level calls mmc again which on Windows 7
is the Microsoft Management Console.
Is there an environment variable or switch so that top_level will call
invoke something different than "mmc"?

Thanks, (and let me know if tackling Windows is out of scope)
- Jeff