[mercury-users] try_io on x86-64

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Sat Oct 10 21:30:32 AEDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009, Michael Day wrote:

> Hi Julien,
>
>> The x86-64 machine I tested on was using those settings.
>
> Using the asm_fast.gc grade?

Yes, among others.

> What other points of difference could there be?

Good question - I've just tried it on another machine, this one with
Ubutnu 9.04 - same results as before; the last lot of tests I ran were on
a machine running Debian 4.  We've got another machine running Debian 5,
which I'll try shortly.

One possible difference is that the installed compiler on our machines
is not built from the source distribution, but based directly on a CVS
checkout -- I'll try building an installation with the source
distribution and see if I can reproduce the problem with that.

Cheers,
Julien.