[mercury-users] (UPDATE2) Trouble compiling releases of the day on 64-bit ubuntu -- compilation works

Zack Brannigan srwences123 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 05:00:53 AEDT 2009

Hi, all:

Sorry to have to start a new thread --  my yahoo account lost track of some of the responses to my earlier posts and I was unable to formally respond to them.

---

In short, by using gcc 3.4 as suggested by Peter Ross and others, I was able to build mercury with all grades --  smoothly too. As a result, so for many examples, such as eliza.m, I could compile and run C, java and erlang versions. This was my original goal and I'm pleased it worked out.

For reference, here was what Peter Ross had suggested and which worked for me.

sudo apt-get install gcc3.4
CC=gcc-3.4 ./configure --prefix /home/hsdl/apps/mercury_again5 --disable-most-grades
make PARALLEL=-j2 install

Thanks to everyone for your generous responses.

-- Zach