[mercury-users] Destructive list operations

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Mon Jan 5 16:03:25 AEDT 2009

Hi Julien,

> When CTGC is enabled, then a specialized version of the procedure is
> generated; whether it is used however is a matter of whether the
> compiler can identify any call sites where it would be applicable.

I would have thought that any call site where the argument is unique and
not used again would be applicable, but I haven't tested with a recent
version of the compiler. It seems strange to go to all the trouble of
generating more efficient procedures and then never call them.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the triumphant press releases when
unique modes work properly and CTGC is enabled :)

Cheers,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!