[mercury-users] Newbie question: what all these folders for?

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:49:37 AEST 2008

Hello All!
I finally compiled Mercury and build RPM for it, but some things still
remains unclear for me.

I found that compiled Mercury has very complex layout - there are many
different directories with content mysterious for newbies. Namely

* conf - (just guessing) info about how Mercury was built, unneeded
for Mercury runtime)
* elisp - utility for emacs users (likewise, unneeded for runtime, may
be safely separated from main package, into its own sub-package)
* ints - kind of include headers (required, I guess)
* lib - also stronlgy required for Mercury to work. There are some
static libraries inside - we (at Fedora) have strict policy not to
package static libs until it would be absolutely necessary - I think
that's exactly the very case.
* mdb - no idea
* mmake - seems that's also strongly required for Mercury
* modules - likewise
* reconf - seems useless w/o sources, so should be removed from binary package.

Please, correct me If I wrong in my estimates. BTW maybe I'm missing
something and there is a text, describing the layout of Mercury in
details?

--
With best regards!