[mercury-users] Mercury on Ubuntu hardy

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+cl at mega-nerd.com
Thu Jul 10 14:38:06 AEST 2008

HI all,

I'm experimenting with Mercury.

I've installed the mercury-0.11.0.rotd.2004051 package from the
Ubuntu Hardy repository and I'm trying to compile and run a
simple "Hello World" program much like this one on wikipedia:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_programming_language#Examples

I'm doing:

   mmake hello_world.depend
   mmake hello_world

and I get the following error:

    cc: /usr/lib/mercury/lib/reg.gc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libmer_std.a: No such file or directory
    cc: /usr/lib/mercury/lib/reg.gc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libmer_rt.a: No such file or directory
    make: *** [hello_world] Error 1

I notice that both those libraries exist in the directory
/usr/lib/mercury/lib/hlc.gc instead of /usr/lib/mercury/lib/reg.gc.

Did I do something wrong or is this an Ubuntu packaging bug?

Cheers,
Erik