[mercury-users] Constraints and conditionals in Mercury

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Fri Apr 11 11:26:24 AEST 2008

It has been just been pointed out to me that there is a major bug in
SWI Prolog caused by the interaction of cuts and constraints.
Basically, in (p -> q ; r), if p has created some constraints which
remain suspended, it may appear to have succeeded, with the conditional
committing to q, even though the suspended constraints are not
satisfiable.

Mercury has conditionals and constraints.   I cannot believe that the
Mercury team would find such a state of affairs tolerable, as I do not.
What does Mercury actually _do_ to make this work?

--
Te Reo Ingarihi is a taonga of Te Iwi Pakeha,
ergo we should keep it pure, sans mélange, ruat caelum.