[mercury-users] Mercury Anarchive proposal

Marcos Dumay de Medeiros marcosdumay at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:34:55 AEDT 2007

I know You've already set it up, and may want to ignore me, but there it goes:

> - has the Manarchive to adopt a specific copyright policy to be useful for
>    you?

Yep. It should contain only free software, or it should be easy get warnings
for non-free software.
Also, it should be easy to discover the licence from the package name, even
better if I can search packages from licence. Probably, the person who
creates the package defines the licence, but it would be nice to have some
mechanism to change it latter.

If it is easy to see the licence, I don't care if you include several of them,
but you should remember that non-free licences aren't standardized, so if you
include them, you can't simply enumerate. Some free licences aren't
standardized either, but you can ignore that and just enumerate the more used
ones.

>    I'm not good at picking one of the ready-made licences, all I want is
>    that my credit is recognized and kept in comments.

So it's not free. You still can get something like that from Creative Commons.

[]'s
Marcos