[mercury-users] Tcl/Tk

Tomas By tomas at basun.net
Fri Jun 15 20:49:15 AEST 2007

On Thu, June 7, 2007 00:46, Ralph Becket wrote:
> Compile in a debugging grade then run the program to completion under
> mdb.  [...]

Hello again,

I have changed things around in the application, from using a few big
`map's to using many small ones, which made a huge difference. Earlier it
was Win 3.1 style interaction (Move the mouse pointer and the app crashes.
will I reach the save menu before it crashes? Maybe if I move really
slowly. No, better hurry...) but now it crashes only occasionally. I have
been getting all kinds of errors: "cannot allocate", "cannot deallocate",
internal-looking stuff from Tcl, and what looked like binary data being
passed to Tcl as a command string. Oh, and "script jumped interpreter"
also, my favourite.

Maybe this is a silly question, but is there any connection between the
Mercury garbage collector and Tcl? I thought Tcl would be handling its own
memory.

I'm a bit sceptical about getting anywhere with the debugger. Hasn't the
problem happened long before the actual segmentation fault?

/Tomas