[mercury-users] Tcl/Tk

Tomas By tomas at basun.net
Wed Jun 6 20:17:57 AEST 2007

Hello all,

I am using the Mercury Tcl/Tk code from `extras' and am having a couple of
problems:

1) Seg faults:

*** Mercury runtime: caught segmentation violation ***
PC at signal: 136059738 (81c1b5a)
address involved: 0xc
This may have been caused by a stack overflow, due to unbounded recursion.
exiting from signal handler

These seem to happen after a while when I am using the GUI. There is also
a largish data file (Prolog syntax) that cannot be read from the GUI
without causing a segmentation fault. Reading it before the widgets are
created works fine.

I tried increasing the "detstack" and "heap" with no effect. Any ideas how
I can start to try to debug this?

2) Extra newlines

Whenever the "tk_popup" procedure is called a newline is printed in the
shell window. I seem to remember reading somewhere that this (or something
similar) was a known problem that had been solved, but I cannot find it
now.  Anybody hear a little bell ringing?

/Tomas