[mercury-users] Debian package?

Roy Ward royward770 at actrix.co.nz
Fri Jun 1 14:43:15 AEST 2007

Julien Fischer wrote:

> The 0.13 release were tested with 3.4 a lot more than with 4.1 (which
> had only just been released then IIRC.)

OK, that's all useful thanks - I've got some homework to do about things like how long gcc 3.4 will be supported in
Debian, and if that is problematic, I'll do what 0.13.1 testing I can with gcc 4.1. If/when I find a Debian sponsor,
they will possibly have some suggestions too.

 > I'm not sure about 0.13 but the rotd is fine with gcc 4.1 on Debian 4.

I'd prefer to package numbered versions of Mercury rather than rotd's, because I'd like to (if possible) see this going
into the next stable Debian release (Lenny), and that's what I use myself. It also needs to be done a lot less often!

Cheers,
Roy Ward.