[mercury-users] Intel/Mac compilable version available?

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jan 24 13:15:32 AEDT 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com wrote:

> Is Mercury 0.13.1 compilable on the intel/mac?

It would require some hacking of the configure script but in principle
it should work.

> If not, is the current ROTD compilable on that platform?

Yes, but if you are using the apple supplied builds of gcc it may
require a bit of effort convincing them to compile the C code generated by
the compiler.  With apple's build of gcc 4.0 I could only get the source
distribution to build by compiling the C code at -O0, e.g. by putting

 	EXTRA_CFLAGS=-O0

in the Mmake.params file at the top-level of the source tree.

> At one point on this maillist (or on merc-dev)
> there was mention of a problem with the repository ... is the repository now
> in a good state?

There was (and still is) a problem with the version of Boehm GC we
currently use in the ROTDs on powerpc**, it doesn't affect Intel machines.

Julien.

** on powerpc the fix is delete the boehm_gc and replace it with the one
    from the 0.13 release.