[mercury-users] mercury-extras/posix comments, !Question, musing.

Julian Fondren ayrnieu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 22:33:19 AEDT 2007

Julien Fischer wrote:
> There's no efficiency gain doing so with the I/O state anyway since
> arguments of that type aren't actually passed as arguments in the
> generated C code (in fact don't exist in the generated C code.)

Oh -- cool!  I suspected that, but the :- pragma c_code that just
assigns one variable to the other makes it seem as if there were
a lot of extra runtime work in support of uniqeness.

Fact tables still seem a bit nicer for a build system to generate
(e.g., to have only extant symbolic errno values), though, even
if they don't help with efficiency.  As long as they don't detract
from it :-)

Julian