[mercury-users] gcc-3.3 on MacOS X Intel

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Sat Aug 18 14:18:45 AEST 2007

Hi Jon,

> From memory, Mmake.params applies to the compiler, but not to programs
> compiled with the compiler.  Also note that this is C's O0.
> Presumably Mercury can still use any optimisation level it likes.  I
> would imagine that C's optimisations would not have as much effect on
> the final performance as Mercury's optimisations, but I'm not really
> sure.

Perhaps I'll give that a try then. Presumably the C optimisations would
not apply to the Mercury standard library either, but it is hard to tell
exactly what effect that would have on final application performance.

Is there a fundamental reason why gcc-4.0 with optimisations doesn't
work with Mercury? It's going to be harder and harder to use Mercury if
it doesn't work with recent gcc releases.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!