[mercury-users] mdb default settings

Peter Wang wangp at students.csse.unimelb.edu.au
Sat Sep 9 11:38:58 AEST 2006

On 2006-09-08, Jörg Roman Rudnick <joerg.rudnick at t-online.de> wrote:
> Dear experienced ones,
>

> in the hope this might be a no-brainer, allow me to stop experimenting
> and present the following problem, which might be of interest toi other
> beginners, too:
>
> To save time, I refer to the interesting example of Fergus Henderson in
> regard of usage of separate directories of Mercury code -- using the
> 0.13.0-beta version of Mercury.

It works if you add:

    EXTRA_MCFLAGS = -I../dirA

to dirB/Mmakefile.  I don't know if there is an equivalent Mmake variable.

You could also use `mmc --make'.  In dirA you'd run:

    mmc -m libmoduleA

Then in dirB you'd run:

    mmc -m mainmodule -I../dirA -L../dirA -R../dirA -lmoduleA \
	--linkage static

Wrapping that up in a normal makefile might be easier than dealing with
Mmake.  The --linkage static should not be necessary, but there seems to
be a bug in mmc --make at the moment.  You can also use --linkage shared.

Peter