[mercury-users] Arguments against Mercury usage??

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Thu Oct 26 01:38:14 AEST 2006

Dear Peter:

>mberkeley_db - access the berkely db from Mercury, want to redo this one
>log4m - a module we use to do logging in the style of log4j
>mexpat - interface to expat xml parser in spirit of HaXML (integrate
>with stream interface?)
>mopenssl - interface to openssl (need to switch to new stream interface)
>fixed - implementation of COBOL fixed arithmetic
>
>If anyone is interested in a copy now of any of the modules let me
>know and I will send it through to them.

What we'd be most interested in now is the mberkeley_db protocol (dear all:
are there other foreign interfaces to SQL databases for Mercury?).  I do not
know what log4j does (I've heard of it ...), but logging advice would be nice
as well. Our needs may eventually require SSL, but not right now.

>The goal is in the next few weeks to place them in Mercury extras where
>anyone can use them.

This is very nice of you!  Thank you for sharing your developments!

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair