[mercury-users] Present state of type classes - especially for parametrized types

Ralph Becket rafe at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 3 11:19:56 AEST 2006

Hi Nick,

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking us.  Type classes
provide constrained polymorphism and functional dependencies increase
the expressive power of multi-parameter type classes.

At some point we intend to add constructor classes and rank two
polymorphism, which should make Mercury type classes as expressive as
GHC's.

If you can be specific about what you're trying to achieve, we can offer
more useful advice.

Cheers,
-- Ralph