[mercury-users] Aditi (was Re: Mercury in academic teaching?)

Jörg Roman Rudnick joerg.rudnick at t-online.de
Tue Nov 21 18:24:30 AEDT 2006

Dear Simon,

I am interestested in the code - especially in regard of how to build
Aditi upon PostgreSQL.
I must admit not to have dived much deeper in it than emdedding bison
functions into the
C interface, but I would like to know how such a project could be begun...

You mean 'runtime query optimization' would require extending the
PostgreSQL query
optimizer to readaptability during query execution, since Aditi
'queries' tend to be somewhat
more complicated than SQL queries?

Do you expect it to be possible to extend the query optimizer in
cooperation with the
PostgreSQL team? As far as I know, it is a part they put a considerable
effort into, so
they might be rather interested...

All the best,

          Nick