[mercury-users] How to vary implementations of a pred declaration?

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Thu Mar 23 07:47:27 AEDT 2006

Dear all,

Hi!  I have a rather complicated and lengthy predicate declaration (it's
arity 25).  It is implemented by anywhere from 150 to 10000 clauses,
depending on which one of the five different executables I'm producing.

My question is as follows: is there a way to make this declaration once
in one place and then direct the compiler to select the implementation
file appropriate for the current task at hand?

Copy-and-paste coding is tedious and error-prone (even declarative
and pure coding), so I hope there's something like a command-line
switch or pre-processing directive that permits selecting the
implementation at compile time.  What would that directive be?

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair