[mercury-users] Compiler freezes for large fact_table?

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Wed Mar 22 10:29:06 AEDT 2006

Well, an easy fix solved the problem -- I ensured that the first int index
was always unique, translating intersecting indices out of the conflicted
region.

In general, I think I can introduce artificial unique indices to eliminate
this issue, but I'm not sure I can always do this translation (client data,
being what it is, it's hard to tell at this time if I will have the ability to
do this).  So, put generally, must primary indices (in arguments) in large
fact_tables be unique to prevent the compiler from testing Turing's
halting problem? (The secondary index, the string, is either one of
two values -- it is indeed not unique, but this does not seem to be
a difficult issue for the compiler to handle).

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair