[mercury-users] Problem with state variable

Nicolas Pelletier nicolas.pelletier3 at free.fr
Wed Jun 21 05:18:41 AEST 2006

<valery at freesurf.fr> writes:

> BTW, the examples in section 2.13.5 of the reference manual have typos
> ("is Det" instead of "is det") ; this should be fixed because the
> resulting error message is quite puzzling for a newcomer ;)

You  probably read too quickly:   the text in  the page  (at least for
0.12.2) states  that Det is a syntactic  variable that  stands for any
determinism (e.g. det,  multi, nondet, ...),  just as Goal stands  for
any goal, etc...

But I agree  with you, being a newcomer  myself, that improving  error
messages would make life easier for newbie-debugging :-)

Regards,

--
Nicolas