[mercury-users] fact tables (was Re: &&/if-then-else semantics (was Re: Request for comments on this code

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Sat Jul 15 22:07:34 AEST 2006

Dear Peter, you wrote:

>In my case, I first tried using libsqlite (after trying fact tables and
>trying hlc grade), but found sqlite's runtime performance somewhat
>lacking: it didn't make good use of the fact that the input arguments
>were all smallish non-negative ints (corresponding to enumerated union
>types).  So I ended up doing my own generated C code to do the look-up.
>I wonder if the code generation code might be useful for the Mercury
>compiler.

I think I have a similar issue to the one described above:  I wish to generate
facts that are more expressive than what fact_table allows, but the compiler
churns when I try to compile these massive fact_table-like modules.

So, would you please share your work?  I'd be very interested to see how you
approached this issue.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair