[mercury-users] pragma memo and failure determinism

Peter Hawkins hawkinsp at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 4 03:45:15 AEST 2006

Hi...

I'm seeing the following error in my programs:
foo.m:969: Error: `pragma memo' declaration not allowed for procedure
with
foo.m:969:   determinism `failure'.

While I admit tabling a predicate with failure determinism is a
stupid thing to do, the mercury program I'm compiling is the output
of another compiler which doesn't do its own determinism inference
and doesn't know that Mercury will infer the determinism failure for
this predicate. The other compiler blindly puts pragma minimal_model
declarations on everything. Would it be possible for this error to
become a warning instead, and have Mercury ignore the pragma memo
declaration in this case?

Thanks,
Peter