[mercury-users] [Fwd: [mercury] Mac OSX/4 binaries]

Peter Hawkins hawkinsp at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 31 07:48:19 AEDT 2006

Hi...
Daniel Elenius wrote:

> Also, if you would: I've been attempting unsuccessfully to email the
> users and developers maillists from various email addresses (it seems
> their mailserver has a rather totalitarianistic view of any email
> outside what it knows, so I think I'm being unfairly "spam-blocked").
> Would you ask the nice people on those lists to allow me entry, as I
> wish to open further dialogues with them (I talked with Zoltan at
> PADL'06 in SC, USA).
I think I talked to you at PADL as well. I've previously had problems
with the mercury lists. In particular the lists seem to silently drop
mail sent from a non-subscribed address (urgh, silent failure) so you
need to ensure that the email address you are posting from matches the
subscribed address. This may or may not be your problem, but it was mine...

Cheers,
Peter