[mercury-users] Trying rotd-2006-02-24

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Sun Feb 26 20:24:11 AEDT 2006

Hi,

My experiences building Prince with Mercury rotd-2006-02-24:

(1) No support for --trans-intermod-opt

I got this error message:

mercury_compile: `--transitive-intermodule-optimization' is incompatible
with `mmc --make'.

This is not a critical problem, but presumably it could reduce the ability
of the compiler to optimise the code and we would need to take this into
account when comparing with benchmarks generated with our usual compiler,
which is rotd-2005-01-11.

(2) It compiled successfully

One of the first versions of Mercury to successfully compile Prince since
rotd-2005-01-11, which is great to see :)

(3) The resulting program crashed with a segfault

Not so good; I will attempt to localise the problem in our code (or
hopefully in yours :) and submit a proper bug report.

Best regards,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!