[mercury-users] Alternative binary distribution for Mercury on Windows

Ian MacLarty maclarty at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Feb 2 09:59:57 AEDT 2006

On 1 Feb 2006, at 12:32, Sergey Khorev wrote:

> Long time ago I created InnoSetup-based distribution for my personal
> purposes and finally found some time to share it.
>
> http://cyber.miem.edu.ru/~iamphet/mercury/mercury-0.12.2_FULL_BIG.exe
> (20Mb) includes grades asm_fast.gc, asm_fast.gc.tr,
> asm_fast.gc.tr.debug, hlc.gc, hlc.gc for MSVC,
> asm_fast.gc.tr.decldebug, asm_fast.gc.memprof, GCC, UnxUtils
>
> http://cyber.miem.edu.ru/~iamphet/mercury/mercury
> -0.12.2_FULL_NORMAL.exe
> (13Mb) includes grades asm_fast.gc, asm_fast.gc.tr.debug, hlc.gc,
> hlc.gc for MSVC, GCC, UnxUtils

It looks very good, however mmc only seems to work from the samples
directory.  If I type mmc from anywhere else I get the Microsoft
management console.  Oh, I see you run Mercury if there are any .m
files in the current directory and the MS management console if there
aren't.  I wonder if that's the best policy.

Have you tried to compile the Mercury compiler with your Windows
compiler?

I think we should include this installer on the web site along with the
other Windows installer.  Your one has more installation options and
includes more tools (mmake, mprof), but the other one supports spaces
in the installation directory (so can be installed in Program Files)
and also doesn't need a special command prompt.

I think a note explaining that mmc will only work if there are .m files
in the current directory would be a good idea (if there isn't one
already).

Also I think the Mercury man in the installer should be looking right
;-)

Ian.