[mercury-users] Testing coverage for Mercury?

Peter Moulder Peter.Moulder at infotech.monash.edu.au
Fri Aug 25 11:52:46 AEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 05:16:05PM +1000, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:

> Is there a testing coverage tool for Mercury programs?

Zoltan will have a better idea of the tradeoffs of different approaches,
but a cheap option to consider is to use gcov (or other C test coverage
program), probably using hlc grade.

One possible advantage of using gcov is that there are already a couple
of tools that produce graphical output from either raw gcc --coverage
output or from gcov's textual translation of that raw data.

(Of course, anyone working on a Mercury-specific test coverage tool,
consider producing output that can be fed into these existing tools.)

Disclaimer: I haven't tried any of this, I've only once or twice used
gcov, and I don't know how much advantage those graphical gcov's give
over plain textual gcov-like output.

pjrm.