[mercury-users] Additions to list.m

Zoltan Somogyi zs at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Aug 8 18:54:11 AEST 2006

On 08-Aug-2006, Ralph Becket <rafe at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> This is getting to the point that it's probably worth writing a list
> comprehension generator script in Awk or something...

Actually, the last time I taught our 400 level subject on logic programming,
a task like this (written in Prolog or Mercury) was one of the assignments.

The problem in general is that a specification of exactly which versions
of which higher order predicates and functions you want is only slightly
shorter than the declarations and clauses of those predicates and functions,
and, since it would be written in an unfamiliar language, it actually takes
longer to write.

Zoltan.