[mercury-users] rotd-2006-04-28 works nicely

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Sun Apr 30 17:28:40 AEST 2006

Hi,

In contrast to my usual messages, I'd like to report a lack of bugs in
rotd-2006-04-28; it is working nicely for us, compiling Prince with no
problems and the resulting executable runs without crashing.

Some informal performance testing indicates that compared with our
previous compiler version, rotd-2005-01-11, the new compiler gives us a
performance gain of between 4% and 13%, depending on the size and
complexity of the input document.

Not too shabby, considering the only work required to upgrade is to
globally replace "std_util" with "maybe, pair, univ, deconstruct" :)

Cheers,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!