[mercury-users] Stream editing / processing of large files

Jörg Roman Rudnick joerg.rudnick at t-online.de
Fri Apr 21 18:55:21 AEST 2006

Dear colleagues,

being about to adopt Mercury as my daily use programming language,
I've just received a ~90 MB csv file for linewise preprocessing. I decided
to try it with Mercury first, but received a stack overflow.

Assuming some kind of inappropriate programming on my side, I first
looked for examples for possible better solutions, e.g. file.m of the diff
package, but could not advance to a satisfying solution.

QUESTION:
Is it generally a bad idea to do large file line processing in Mercury or
are there some techniques to accomplish this task??

Thank you very much in advance,

Nick Rudnick