[mercury-users] Threads severely hurt performance

Peter Hawkins hawkinsp at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 11 10:11:28 AEST 2006

Hi...
On Apr 10, 2006, at 4:57 PM, Peter Ross wrote:

> I would send this to the boehm gc mailing list.  Maybe they
> can help you out.

It occurred to me that another solution might be to use an (as-yet
nonexistent) java.par.gc or il.par.gc grade, working on the
assumption that the JVM/.NET runtime garbage collectors might perform
better in a threaded environment than the Boehm GC. Of course, if the
JVM implementation uses Boehm as its garbage collector --- as many
free implementations do --- this would be obviously untrue!

Cheers,
Peter