[mercury-users] Solvers: did I miss the tutorial/samples?

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Apr 6 09:19:25 AEST 2006

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com, Wednesday,  5 April 2006:
> [Subj line postfixed with a smiley]
>
> So, I've read the PADL paper and the most-recently-posted
> presentation by Ralph.  Looking in extras/solver_types/
> I don't see samples/ nor is there a tutorial for using
> this new type expanded for release 0.13.

Almost all work done on solver types has been for the G12 project, which
has a different repository and is currently private to project members.

[...]
> Or, to get me started, does someone have a complete
> SEND + MORE = MONEY program or another application
> of solvers that I can review and tinker with?

We do have implementations of SEND + MORE = MONEY, but they're under the
aegis of the G12 project and currently aren't publically available.
I'll talk to the bosses about this one, but there are lawyers involved,
so don't hold your breath...

> Ralph, your tutorial style is great; would you consider
> adding a bit to the language tutorial for solvers?

That's a good idea, although I don't have much spare time at the moment.
I'll try to get around to it as soon as I can, though.

-- Ralph