[mercury-users] Mercury IL and Managed C++

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Sat Nov 19 20:32:49 AEDT 2005

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 01:53:23PM +1100, Jonathan Morgan wrote:
> Peter Ross wrote:

> > > haven't
> > >
> > > Modify that.  All it required was a minor fix to build the libraries.
> > > However, now all applications (including hello world) have uncaught
> > > exceptions thrown, which kills the application before it really starts.
> > >
> > Which exception?
>
> See the following output - it looks like a mess, everyone trying to pass on
> the exception.

Thanks for that.

The problem is in .cctor which are run to initialize all the RTTI which
cannot be done statically.  It obviously needs to change, but
unfortunately it is not clear to me how it needs to change.

If you are interested in hacking on the compiler to try and fix these
things, let me know as I will be able to provide support, but
unfortunately don't have the time to do it myself, as snowed under with
a project at work at the moment.