[mercury-users] Mercury IL and Managed C++

Jonathan Morgan jon.morgan at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 17 22:04:01 AEDT 2005

Peter Ross wrote:
> > I notice that, after I use mmc --make --grade il in the samples
directory,
> > the Mercury directory has a few new directories, including ils, cpps,
and
> > css.  Are these only for use if the MC++ and C# foreign language
interfaces
> > are used, or will they require a MC++ (Microsoft) compiler to build
> > regardless of whether you have any MC++ code in the actual Mercury code?
> >
> If no you have no MC++ code, then the MS C++ compiler will never be
> called, so yes the directory will remain empty.

Yes, from the sequence it seems that the MC++ compiler is not called.
However, the cpps directory is filled with module__cpp_code.cpp, and the css
directory is filled with module__csharp_code.cs.  I presume, however, that
this is just template code and does not get used unless you use either the
C# or MC++ backends, as you say.

Jon