[mercury-users] Mercury IL and Managed C++

Jonathan Morgan jon.morgan at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 17 16:55:56 AEDT 2005

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 04:27:12PM +1100, Jonathan Morgan wrote:
> > How much does the IL backend for Mercury depend on managed C++?
> > :-foreign_proc("MC++") seems to be only used in benchmarking.m in the
> > Mercury standard library - most of it uses C#.
> > Is it that MC++ is used for the code Mercury generates, or just that the
> > Mercury team has replaced MC++ code with IL/C#?  With these results,
would
> > it be feasible to use the Mercury standard library on Mono/DotGnu?

I notice that, after I use mmc --make --grade il in the samples directory,
the Mercury directory has a few new directories, including ils, cpps, and
css.  Are these only for use if the MC++ and C# foreign language interfaces
are used, or will they require a MC++ (Microsoft) compiler to build
regardless of whether you have any MC++ code in the actual Mercury code?

Jon