[mercury-users] my problems with parsing.mkEncoding

Julien Fischer juliensf at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Nov 9 15:14:34 AEDT 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Tudor Holton wrote:

> Hmmm, sorry.  I don't understand the differentiation.

I meant that MLFLAGS=-static should only be in the Mmakefile
for your program, not in the one for the XML parser.

> I compiled the XML library separately first, then used the following
> makefile to link against it.
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%
> include .location_config  %% That basically says EXTRA_LIB_DIRS =
> /home/pgrad/taholt/mercury/extras/lib/mercury
> EXTRA_LIBRARIES = xml
>
> #MLFLAGS     = --trace
> MLFLAGS     = -static
> FLAGS     = -E
> GRADE = asm_fast.gc
>
> .PHONY: default_target
> default_target: verify libxml_easy libstyle_lexer
>
> .PHONY: tests
> tests: tests libstyle_lexer
>
> .PHONY: depend
> depend: verify.depend tests.depend xml_easy.depend style_lexer.depend
>
> .PHONY: check
> check:
>         true
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> Do I have to tell mmake to run mmc in the same way I tell make to run gcc?

No.

What is the output that results from the above?

> How do I find out what Solaris is running?  uname -a reveals:
> SunOS lister 5.9 Generic_118559-09 i86pc i386 i86pc
>
> Which looks like 5.9 not 8.0?

Solaris 8 == SunOS 5.8
Solaris 9 == SunOS 5.9
Solaris 10 == SunOS 5.10

I've now installed a Mercury compiler configured for Solaris 9 in
/home/mercury/public/mercury-latest/i386-pc-solaris2.9/bin so maybe that
will work better on lister?

Cheers,
Julien.