[mercury-users] Problems with mdb (0.11.0)

Ian MacLarty maclarty at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon May 23 23:00:08 AEST 2005

On 23 May 2005, at 20:44, Valeri Geiser wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  > I think you need to compile the file with shared linking for the
> query
>> command to work.  I.e. you need to give the "--mercury-linkage
>> shared" option when compiling the file being debugged.
>
> I still have the problem, but I´m not shure if I´ve set the options at
> the right place. I changed MLFLAGS = "--mercury-linkage shared"
> in Mmake.vars and tried again with "mmc --debug", but with same
> result. I also hacked something in bin/ml (variables at start), which
> seems to have some effect of the linking but does not solve my
> problem...
> Any hints?

If it's just a single module then try compiling it with the following:

mmc --debug --mercury-linkage shared <your module>

or if there's more than one file:

mmc --make --debug --mercury-linkage shared <the main module>

Otherwise you can put the following in your Mmakefile:

MGNUCFLAGS=--pic-reg
EXTRA_MLFLAGS=--shared --trace
EXTRA_MCFLAGS=--trace deep

Ian.