[mercury-users] undefined reference to unification predicate

api at gmx.de api at gmx.de
Fri Jan 28 21:54:34 AEDT 2005

Hello "mercurians",

though I'm not completely sure it seems as if the problem from 1999
"[mercury-users] Issues with gcc 2.95.2?" reappears. On my Suse 9.1 linux box
with gcc 3.4.1 and mercury 0.11.0 (binaries as well as sources distribution)
provoke several errors of the following kind

parsers.o(.rodata+0x108): undefined reference to `<unification predicate for
type 'parsers:grammar'/0 mode 0>'
parsers.o(.rodata+0x10c): undefined reference to `<compare/3 predicate for
type 'parsers:grammar'/0>'

In case of the binaries installed via "make install", this appears during the
ml linker invoked by an "mmake projectname".

In case of a compilation from the sources distribution, similar errors (though
of course not project specific) occur during "make". They look similar to

libmer_std.a(lexer.o)(.text+0xcd44): In function `<predicate
'lexer:get_float_decimals'/4 mode 0>':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_b'

Do you have any ideas how to solve the problem?

Kind regards,

Andre