[mercury-users] Cross-compiling with mingw32

Elmar Haneke elmar at haneke.de
Fri Jan 28 03:29:03 AEDT 2005

>>can you provide mit actual information how to get an Linux->Windows
>>Crosscompiler of mercury to work?
>

> Sure, I'll just copy this to the mercury-users mailing list for archiving.

I did succeed with cross-compiling on today using rotd-2005-01-25, I
did fail on trying it with "rotd-2005-01-23", but perhaps it is
related to the mono-install which has been done in between.

Some Clarifications:

1. It is not required to have an native mmc installed for building the
cross-compiler.

2. It is required to compile the native version also, since in
"lib/mercury/bin/i586-pc-mingw32" the executables "mercury_compile"
"mercury_profile" are generated as Windows EXE, mmc does fail until
they are replaced by the executables from the native build.

After that the compiler did run and my first test programm did work
also - success.

Elmar