[mercury-users] Paper on Mercury from AI practitioner's standpoint

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at imag.fr
Fri Jan 14 19:44:08 AEDT 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Ralph Becket wrote:

> Gregory D. Weber, Thursday, 13 January 2005:
>> Hi, thanks for the comment.  I do not understand, though --
>> what are "unsafe" I/O predicates?  I do not find any predicates
>> in the io module that do not require a pair of io__state arguments.
>> Which predicates are you referring to, and what is unsafe about
>> them?
>
> Many people write an "unsafe" module for just the situation you found
> yourself in (see the attachment).

Well, that's the kind of thing that is pretty easy to do with
Morphine (http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~jahier/morphine.html).

You would type something like
[morphine] fget(pred=foo and port = exit), current(arg =
[_,_,ComplexArg,_]), my_pritter_written_in_prolog(ComplexArg).

ps: Morphine use to be distributed in the extras mercury package. I have
no idea if it is still the case neither if Morphine still works since I
haven't trying since 4 years...
--
R1.