[mercury-users] Doing input with determinism cc_multi

Kral Stefan skral at mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jan 5 08:33:25 AEDT 2005

Hi All.

I have ported my prolog app successfully to mercury over the holidays,
and I am quite pleased with the result. The mercury compiler helped
me find two type errors that I had in the prolog version.

My main predicate is declared cc_multi, so I can do "don't care" style
non-determinism. So one question remains...
How do I get some input data into my program?

io__read looks like a very convenient way, but it only
works when I declare main as det (which is something I can not do).

Right now, I am using some (relatively large) fact tables, so
I can test my program a bit -- guess my impatience shows...

Could you please give me some advise on how to solve that "input issue"?

Best Regards,
Stefan.

PS. Most output predicates do not appear to be available when
    called from a predicate declared cc_multi. That's not a big
    problem, as io__write_cc offers anything I need at the moment.

--
Stefan Kral            http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/skral/