[mercury-users] Mercury existential types / foreign code question

Mark Brown mark at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Aug 3 22:01:49 AEST 2005

On 01-Aug-2005, Peter Hawkins <peter at hawkins.emu.id.au> wrote:
> I get this error:
> test3.m:037: In clause for `unwrap_cvar(in) = out((test3.cvar))':
> test3.m:037:   in argument 1 of call to predicate
> `private_builtin.type_info_from_typeclass_info/3':
> test3.m:037:   mode error: variable `TypeClassInfo_for_cvar_type' has
> instantiatedness `free',
> test3.m:037:   expected instantiatedness was `ground'.
> For more information, try recompiling with `-E'.

Thanks for reporting this bug.  I've just finished testing a fix which
should make it into the release of the day soon, and is also scheduled
for the release branch (meaning it will be fixed in the 0.12 release).
The code you posted compiles without errors with this change.

Cheers,
Mark.