[mercury-users] Installation of Mercury under Cygwin

Wim Vanhoof wva at info.fundp.ac.be
Mon Oct 11 23:02:28 AEST 2004

At 09:33 11/10/2004, Peter Ross wrote:
>Wim Vanhoof wrote:
>

>>Hello all,
>>
>>We are trying to get Mercury running under Windows (with Cygwin) but
>>the Mercury installation continually raises errors that seem to be related
>>to the installation of Cygwin.
>>
>>Hence the question: does there exists a list of what cygwin packages
>>are exactly needed to get Mercury installed (and running)? So we can
>>concentrate on getting these correctly installed in the first place.
>No such list exists.  However when running configure, it should report an
>error for every missing piece of functionallity.
>
>I think it would be helpful if you could send the relevant part of the
>output so that we can see where cygwin dies.

okay, what follows is the output generated by "CC=gcc sh configure". The
gcc.exe file is located in c:\cygwin\bin.

Cheers,
Wim.

$ CC=gcc sh configure
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for Cygwin environment... yes
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... .exe
checking for ranlib... ranlib
looking for GNU Make...
checking for gmake... no
checking for make... make
found GNU Make: make
looking for a way to create named pipes...
checking for mkfifo... /usr/bin/mkfifo
looking for a way to create temporary files...
checking for mktemp... /usr/bin/mktemp
checking for as... /usr/bin/as
checking whether the assembler does full preprocessing... no
no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no