[mercury-users] New to mercury: structure reuse and efficiency

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jun 23 00:51:58 AEST 2004

Nicholas Nethercote, Tuesday, 22 June 2004:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Ralph Becket wrote:
> > Mercury is alive and well and under active development.
>
> That's good to hear, since it's been 1.5 years since the last release.
> How many people are working on Mercury now?

Well, it's quite a mature system!  At present there are at least four
full-time people working on Mercury and the HAL research group is
planning on moving to Mercury in the near future.

But I think you're right: we should issue a new release this year.

> > The existing system is lacking in only a few details before we release
> > v1, about the only serious problem being support for uniqueness.
>
> AFAIK, unique mode support has been the sticking point preventing a 1.0
> release for several years now... :)

Sadly true.  I think I have a handle on the solution, but as it's not my
boss's priority at the moment, it isn't mine either :-)

Patience...

-- Ralph