[mercury-users] Term manipulations in Mercury -- advice requested

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jul 30 10:32:11 AEST 2004

Gregory D. Weber, Thursday, 29 July 2004:
> Thanks for the tip about functions.  I wasn't expecting a reply, and I
> left my mail unattended for a month.  I can use that knowledge to
> simplify my code in a few places.

We are always interested in finding easier ways to express common
idioms, provided (a) they really are common idioms (as opposed to just
the current program some individual happens to be working on), (b) the
proposed fix has a real payoff, and (c) it won't end up compromising the
declarative reading of Mercury programs.

> Wow, the mercury-users list has really gotten busy in the past few
> weeks!

It all happens in fits and starts.  There's usually plenty of action on
the developers' list, but that's more technical.

-- Ralph