[mercury-users] Does Mercury work with mono?

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Thu Jul 15 01:49:06 AEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:04:17AM -0700, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> If I had access to mono's class libraries from mercury (GTKsharp, gtkhtml,
> gnomesharp) I would be able to do it.

The last time I tested Mercury it worked with Mono.  HOWEVER the mono
tool chain doesn't support the needed features to build Mercury under
Mono.

The missing elements are
    - ilasm (needed to compile il into PE/COFF files)
    - al (needed to link the mercury std library together)
    - build .netmodules from the c# compiler.

One can use the ilasm from the portable.net project, and that works
fine.  However there is no solution for the other two problems.

There was a check in to support .netmodules in the Mono C# compiler but
my quick test showed it didn't work with Mercury for some reason.  Then
we no longer needed the Mono version of Mercury working anymore here at
MC, so I haven't been able to devote any more resources to it.

However what should work is using the MS toolchains in collabaration
with the Mono libraries.  There is no reason why that shouldn't work.